12 February 2009

Soliloquy On The Spring Equinox


She said, babe, you know I miss Jill and Joe and all my funky friends, but my street understanding was just enough to know what she really meant. And I got to thinking while she was talking that I know she told the story of those special places that she goes when she rides with the others in the subway, singing: "Don't turn around, uh-oh, Der Kommissar's in town, uh-oh." And if he talks to you, and you don't know why, you say your life is gonna make you die.

Well, we meet Jill and Joe and brother Herr, and the whole cool gang and they're rapping here, they're rapping there, but she's climbing on the wall. It's a clear case, Herr Kommissar, because all the children know they're all sliding down into the valley. They're all slipping on the same snow. Hear the children: "Don't turn around, uh-oh, Der Kommissar's in town, uh-oh." He's got the power, and you're so weak, and your frustration will not let you speak.